Many believers are sensing a desire to know more about the feasts mentioned throughout the Bible. Perhaps you have noticed the instructions which state that this is to be a statute that never ends. Maybe you have noticed that the New Testament authors, whom we respect so highly, observing many of these holidays. What if you took a year to walk through the heavenly calendar of celebrations. Any time is a good time, but if you want to start from number one, here's the opportunity. Passover is upon us, and Unleavened Bread follows immediately.
What if you were to grab a bible and look at each of the feasts and what His Word instructs? How would your year look differently afterward? What would you learn? Would it be harmful? Or helpful?
Why would a Christian seek to live out and learn from these feasts of the LORD?
"The set feasts of Yahweh, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my set feasts." Leviticus 23:1
- YHWH's feast days contain profound spiritual and prophetic significance.
- Jesus/Yeshua kept the feast when He walked on earth and we are His disciples. (Matt. 26:17 and Matt. 28:19)
- Colossians 2:17 shows that these feasts were put in place to point toward the Savior. When they are celebrated with the correct focus, it can be life changing.
- These are not only for the Jews to enjoy. They are called the Feasts of YHWH and were meant to be observed (guarded) by His people, Jews and gentiles who are grafted in as branches on the olive tree.
- According to Zechariah 14, the feasts will be celebrated in the millennial reign of Yeshua.
Let no one therefore judge you in eating, or in drinking, or with respect to a feast day or a new moon or a Sabbath day, 17 which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ’s. Col. 2:16-17
If you would like to keep up with the feasts throughout the year, sign up for our free email newsletter.